- Write out the service member's full name in the address - All mail sent to the Military must be addressed to someone specific; addressing mail to "Any Service Member" is no longer permitted by the USPS.
- Include the unit and box (where applicable) into Address Line 1.
In the 'City' field, enter APO/FPO/DPO
APO is used for Air/Army Post Office; FPO is used for Fleet Post Office; DPO is used for the Diplomatic Post Office.
- From the State field, select:
- Armed Forces - AE is the abbreviation for Armed Forces. It is used for armed forces in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Canada
- Armed Forces Pacific - AP is the abbreviation for Armed Forces Pacific and is used for the Pacifics
- Armed Forces America - AA is the abbreviation for Armed Forces America and it excludes Canada
- Then enter in a 5 digit zip.
SEAMAN JOSEPH SMITH
FPO AP 96667
MSG JANE DOE
APO AA 09045